During the Process
A trained Biomet field sales representative will consult with your doctor and decide which system will provide you the best chance for a successful outcome. Factors to consider when choosing a system include: the length of the fracture, how deep the fracture is under the skin, how the doctor will limit any motion in the fracture (immobilization), and how large the gap is between the affected bones.
During the process:
- Your doctor will prescribe the bone healing system that is most suitable for you
- A Biomet representative or the prescribing physician's staff will show you how to use the system
- Biomet will be there every step of the way. A trained Biomet sales representative will be available to you and your doctor during the course of your treatment. This attention to your follow-up appointments is our service to you to ensure that you have every chance of a successful outcome.
- Your therapeutic treatment coil will be replaced at no additional charge if there is a change in the manner your doctor manages your treatment (if your cast is removed, or if external fixation is removed). Additional supplies are available to you at no additional charge by contacting our Patient Services department.
- The Biomet Patient Services support staff is available to answer your questions and concerns promptly between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Eastern Time at 1.800.526.2579