Biomet® OrthoPak® Non-invasive Bone Growth Stimulator System
- Additional Information
- Biomet® OrthoPak® Non-invasive Bone Growth Stimulator System Patient FAQ Brochure
- Biomet® OrthoPak Non-invasive Bone Growth Stimulator System Patient Video
By prescribing the Biomet® OrthoPak® System, your doctor has taken advantage of an adjunctive non invasive treatment to aid in the healing of your facture nonunion. The Biomet® OrthoPak® Non-invasive Bone Growth Stimulator System is a proven, safe and effective device that consists of two electrodes and an electronic control unit that sends an electrical therapeutic treatment signal to your fracture nonunion site. Two lightweight electrodes, which look like round bandages are dermally applied and placed 2-3 inches apart and over from the fracture nonunion site. The electrodes are easy to apply and are extremely lightweight.
Easy To Use and Operate
The Biomet® OrthoPak® System is portable, easy to use and operate; thus allowing you to treat your fracture nonunion while going about your daily routine. You can use the system with a cast or with a brace. The Biomet® OrthoPak® System capacitive coupling technology is the only non-invasive technology that promotes normal healing at the nonunion site 24 hours per day as recommended. The Biomet® OrthoPak® System can only be obtained with a doctor's prescription. Upon receiving your Biomet® OrthoPak® System you will receive a Patient's Guide containing complete instructions. Your compliance with these instructions will contribute to the successful outcome of your treatment.
- The Biomet® OrthoPak® System is especially appropriate for treating proximal femur (center of the thigh bone), metatarsal/tarsal (arch of the foot or ankle) and clavicle (collarbone) fractures
- The Biomet® OrthoPak® System is the smallest and lightest, low-profile non-invasive bone growth stimulator on the market today
- The Biomet® OrthoPak® System electrode placement is easy and universal to all application areas - one versatile system can treat various fracture nonunions
- The Biomet® OrthoPak® System is supplied with a unique ergonomic, rotating holster designed for active lifestyles
- Patient usage and therapeutic treatment time may be downloaded to a PC for viewing, storage or printout via use of the Biomet compliance Data Download Software and USB Cable
- Two different types of disposable electrodes
The Biomet® OrthoPak® Non-invasive Bone Growth Stimulator System is indicated for the treatment of an established nonunion acquired secondary to trauma, excluding vertebrae and all flat bones, where the width of the nonunion defect is less than one-half the width of the bone to be treated. A nonunion is considered to be established when the fracture site shows no visible progressive signs of healing - P850022/S017.
All OrthoPak® Bone Growth Stimulator Systems are designed to deliver 270 days of continuous therapeutic treatment for 24 hours per day. The recommended daily therapeutic treatment is continuous for 24 hours. Federal Law (U.S.A.) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. Rx Only - Prescription Only - Single Use Only - Do Not Reuse.
The use of these device systems is contraindicated if the individual has synovial pseudarthrosis.
For complete prescribing information including success rates, warnings, and precautions, please visit www.biomet.com/stimmanuals.com or call 1.800.526.2579.